Cloud-Based Sound FX in Soundly
Soundly is an application developed by Peder Jorgensen and Christian Schaanning and is available for both Mac and Windows. It is a cloud-based software that keeps your sounds organized and accessible.
The free version includes a small library of accessible files to scan, re-pitch, and reverse quickly within the interface. The future for Soundly looks bright. They have taken the time to listen to their beta testers, sound designers, and engineers and apply feedback after a few years of tweaking before releasing the current version to the public.
Here are the specs according to Soundly:
• Mono, stereo and 5.1
• Smart, lossless compression from our server gives you lightning fast transfers
• Built on Google’s infrastructure for unparalleled redundancy, safety and speed
• Option for lower resolution files on slow connections
• Access the extensive Freesound.org library directly from within Soundly
• Index local wav, aiff and mp3 files up to 192khz 32bit
• Reads meta data from production music libraries in mp3 format
• For Mac and Windows
Soundly can index all your local sound effects.
Add custom effects like pitch, speed and reverse. Preview in real-time, and have it instantly applied to the track when you drag it out.
Expand the massive Soundly library directly from within the application. Free and premium libraries are instantly available from our built-in shop.
We have been using the free version of the application quite often over the past couple of months. It has delivered as promised and the drag and drop functionality works perfectly. We will be putting together a couple of tutorials showcasing the functionality and the differences between the free and paid versions.